Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween and Endings

Happy Halloween everyone! Today is probably the only day of the year that you can give kids candy and they won't try to run away from you. It's also a day where you can dress up however you want and people kinda don't care. Although I've seen some pretty weird people around campus today, but it's Halloween.

Today marks the last official day of school for us this trimester and tomorrow starts our finals 'week'. But I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't have at least one final before it officially starts. All the music people have to stay over the weekend because we have piano juries on Monday. Basically we have 8 minutes to play for all the people on the music board and then we're free until the following Monday. No one is really a fan of it because we have all weekend with nothing to do but practice and most everyone else is going home for our Trimester Break.

So my first trimester is all but over. I've have changes both physically and mentally. Physically I've lost 10 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months. I love walking everywhere and I still have to walk up to the 3rd floor of my dorm every time I want to go to my room so I get more physical exercise than I did at home just because of if I want to do anything, I don't get in my car and drive. I'm not complaining to much though, just when I'm tired and I don't want to walk up the stairs!

Mentally and emotionally, that's been a battle. Things happened here with friendships and situations that I didn't expect, I didn't know how to handle and honestly have been really hard for me. I'm 6+ hours from home, I'm out of my comfort zone just a little bit and half of my support system was wrenched away from me. It hasn't been fun and there have been days that I got really down and felt completely alone and abandoned. That's when God started showing me just how much He's been there. How He hears me and comforts me even when I'm alone.

The song that always was coming to my head was Britt Nicole's "All This Time". "All this time from the first tear cried to today's sunrise and every single moment between, You were there You were always there. It was You and I, You've been walking with me all this time." He's been showing me day by day that He's here with me, He can help me, and He will if I just open my heart and cry out to Him.

I get to go home on Monday! I'll be getting a much needed break and seeing friends that even though I've always appreciated them and I've always loved them, I never really realized just how awesome they are until I left them. That's the thing about friends I guess. You never really know who your true friends are until you don't have them anymore and the friends you thought would never hurt you or leave you do so. Life's just a gamble that way.

As in the words of Rafiki, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it. Considering I can't really run from it right now, I'm just going to have to learn from it! Keep my head up, keep smiling, step outside my comfort zone more, branch out and show just how strong I am. With God, all things are possible. With Him, I can do anything, including letting go of people I love.

Off to study for tests! Have a Happy Halloween and stay away from caramel!

No comments:

Post a Comment